Job City & State
This role will be based near one of our divisional offices: Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, Pleasanton, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Boise, ID, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA or Boston, MA.
Sr Manager, Benefits -- Health & Welfare Strategy (Remote)
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The Senior Manager, Benefits -- Health & Welfare Strategy plays a vital role in ensuring we deliver a best-in-class package to our 300,000 team members. In concert with the VP, Benefits, this exciting role manages the health and welfare vendors and plans, develops innovative programs targeted to mitigate chronic conditions, and creates strategies to proactively address health trends. This is a key strategy role on the benefits team.
* Acts as subject matter expert for a set of vendors/plans; able to understand and clearly articulate claims trends, develop strategies for cost mitigation, analyze current patterns of program usage to evaluate effectiveness, ensure adherence to contracts.
* Supports the benefits function in the strategic design, evaluation, implementation and on-going management of health and welfare programs initiatives, including analyzing current patterns of program usage to evaluate their effectiveness from a cost, process efficiency, and utility to the associate perspective.
* Manage and ensure adherence to vendor contracts, develop performance guarantees (PGs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and manage RFPs, RFIs, market checks and audits.
* Act in a consulting-type relationship with internal/external partners to share knowledge, drive strategy decisions, and make recommendations.
* Specific expertise in medical and Rx plan management, driving recommendations based on thorough understanding of current data analytics and findings.
* In partnership with Corporate Communications, develop editorial calendar to communicate benefits to associates using various methods of communication to drive engagement; may write and edit content. May create and lead benefit education webinars.
* Work closely with data analytics partners to understand trends to predict future needs.
* Provides recommendations to management for plan or provision modification or expansion. May identify a new benefit that would support the overall goals and objectives of the benefits function.
* Evaluates status of current programs to identify cost-savings and to ensure employee satisfaction.
* Manage and review program metrics and ROI results. Make plan recommendations based on results.
* Lead other ad-hoc projects and perform other responsibilities as required.
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable
* 5-7 years' benefits strategy experience. Specific PBM knowledge a plus.
TOP OF PAGE
Council on Employee Benefits
Manager, Membership Services
For more than 75 years, CEB has been a trusted place where passionate benefits professionals from leading companies and global brands gather for one purpose – to learn from each other. We support the very people who are impacting business results and the lives of their associates every day.
We do this in a very unique environment of confidentiality and trust so that each person can safely share their own expertise and learn from others. A true benefits intelligence co-op.
Our goal is simple: Helping members feel more confident in a complex and ever-changing world.
Working with the Executive Director, the Manager, Membership Services will be responsible for the management of CEB’s member relations for both member companies and individual delegates. This will be done with the primary goals of maintaining and renewing existing members, along with recruiting new member companies.
This position can be flexible with a minimum of 20 hours/week up to a full-time position.
- Maintain regular outreach
- Solicit ongoing member feedback
- Develop and implement a knowledge database of member activities/projects in order to connect members working on similar activities/projects
- Using information gained, work with the Executive Director on Peer-to-Peer webinar and Vendor Spotlight program development
- Develop member communications on all aspects of CEB membership to include:
- Written communications
- Website content
- Social media content (LinkedIn)
- Work with Executive Director in supporting all committee work to help drive member service excellence
- Assist Membership & Nominating Committee in efforts on member recruitment and retention
- Assist those working on regional meetings with possible member topics and ideas
- Assist Professional Development Committee with potential initiatives
- Assist Executive Director will all annual conference planning activities as it relates to maintaining a premier member experience
- Complete other member related activities as assigned
- A working knowledge of the Employee Benefits industry
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality member service
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage, facilitate and present to committees and member groups
- Knowledge and/or experience of the Council on Employee Benefits is preferred
TOP OF PAGE
New York and Washington DC Hybrid
Global Compensation Manager
Reporting into the Director of HR Operations, Compensation Manager is responsible for implementing and managing all Global compensation programs, policies and procedures across US and European locations, to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs for attorney and staff populations in US and European offices.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and communicating the overall compensation philosophy for staff population. Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Partners with HR business partners, lead and administer annual compensation cycles globally in a timely manner. Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations. Develop and present timelines, guiding principles, stakeholder roles and expectations. Ensure strict adherence to deadlines.
- Partners with finance to determine annual salaries budget and to adjust forecasts as necessary throughout the year.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys for staff employees and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Develops, compiles and presents comprehensive compensation models to obtain executive approvals. Ensures accuracy and identifies budgetary risks as a result of market pressures, business performance, etc.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Lead Compensation projects related to further improvement of firm’s Global compensation philosophy. Work closely with HRIS team to provide Compensation technology enhancements in support of annual compensation processes.
Education: College degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of work related experience in Compensation management.
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Strong analytical and actuarial skills. Ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, professional level staff, and peers.
- Ability to act in a professional manner and with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem solve, and answer questions.
ABOUT FRIED FRANK
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson is an elite Wall Street law firm with approximately 170 partners and over 400 attorneys, of whom are located in New York, Washington, London, Frankfurt and Brussels. The Firm’s origins date to the turn of the 20th century and the Firm is well-known for representing global financial institutions, investment banks, private equity firms and Fortune 500 corporations. Consistently highly ranked in league tables and legal directories, including Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, the Firm is well-recognized for providing highly effective solutions to sophisticated business challenges.
TOP OF PAGE
New York and Washington DC Hybrid
HRIS & HR Project Administrator
The HRIS & HR Project Administrator will be part of the HR Shared Services team and report to the Sr. Manager of HRIS, HR Policy, Projects and Analytics. They will work in partnership with the rest of the HR Shared Services team. They will provide project management support and leadership to implement key strategic projects. They will support implementation and/or management of HR applications such as HCM, ATS or compensation system, contribute to maintaining systems configuration and conduct on-going administration of the HR information systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
HRIS & Other Systems Operations
- Manage and maintain HR applications including system upgrades, security, configuration and improvements
- Administer permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HR services users
- Ensure system compliance with employment laws, data security and privacy requirements
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications
- Recommend, implement, and plan for improvements, enhancements, and new applications to the system
- Provide administrative support (i.e.: data entry, audits, basic reporting query) and customer service to internal employees
- Support employee life cycle and data management process
- Support implementation and timely delivery of key strategic initiatives or process improvements within HR (i.e.: compensation system, onboarding workflow)
- Support all aspects of the project life cycle including discovery, document gathering and planning
- Identify and document goals and requirements of each project
- Research, collect information and data on market trends, best practices and legislation relevant to projects
- Document project current state and analysis, feasibility analysis as needed
- Create and maintain project documentation including timelines, resources plan and risks
- Track, forecast and report on project progress including metrics and challenges: prepare presentation and status reports
- Handle operational aspects: meeting coordination, meeting minutes and logistics
- Support change management: stakeholder analysis, change approach, training materials and communications
Education: College degree preferred with major in system and project management
Experience: About ten years of experience in system management and at least five years of project management within HR, work related experience within professional services preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Strong experience and knowledge of HR-related software and databases, experience in managing HR systems. In-depth experience in project management, technical acumen, process mapping, people skills. Organizational skills with the ability to deliver excellence within budget and in a timely manner. Communication skills with the ability to adapt to different audience and communication styles. Effectively communicate with and present to all levels of staff and peers. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments. Ability to use independent judgment, problem-solve, be creative and answer questions. Ability to act in a professional manner with a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
ABOUT FRIED FRANK
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson is an elite Wall Street law firm with approximately 170 partners and over 400 attorneys, of whom are located in New York, Washington, London, Frankfurt and Bruseels. The Firm’s origins date to the turn of the 20th century and the Firm is well-known for representing global financial institutions, investment banks, private equity firms and Fortune 500 corporations. Consistently highly ranked in league tables and legal directories, including Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, the Firm is well-recognized for providing highly effective solutions to sophisticated business challenges.
TOP OF PAGE
BENEFITS ANALYST - DHO HR OPERATIONS
Kiewit is seeking a Benefits Analyst to join the Benefits team at the company’s headquarters in downtown Omaha, NE. Reporting to the Director of Benefits, this role will be expected to provide oversight and administration, plan design and analysis of the company’s benefits. #LI-GF1
The role is responsible for efficient delivery of plan information and tools that support employee understanding of Kiewit’s benefit plans which includes but not limited to, all health & welfare and retirement plans for staff and craft employees. To be successful in this position, you need to collaborate effectively with vendors, management, and employees about changes to existing benefits policies. Preferred candidates will have an excellent understanding of the benefits industry in order to offer employees the best benefits.
Are you ready?
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. ?We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization.
- Responsible for the administration of one or more of the company’s benefits programs in regard to plan options, policy features, enrollment, communications and other requirements, to include vendor management and vendor quarterly review meetings.
- Provide tactical administration of benefit programs to include activities such as, but not limited to, new hire enrollments, life event changes, eligibility, deductions, plan options, policy features, claim adjudication, etc.
- Serves as SME in handling Tier 2-3 case work on Retirement and Health and Welfare cases escalated from AskBenefits, to include case analysis for employee inquiries, maintaining excellent knowledge of benefit plans.
- Responsible for rolling out / execution of certain benefits changes/new benefits programs.
- Handle Special Projects for Benefits that require senior level analysis/review.
- Coordinate with Kiewit Technology Group, Payroll and Third Party vendor on Kiewit’s Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting to ensure all health data is correctly collected and reported to the Internal Revenue Service. Conduct and audit data for accuracy and troubleshoot errors. Collaborate with the benefits team and payroll staff on policies and practices related to employee hiring data to ensure adequate controls are in place for ACA reporting.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management.
- Maintain clear understanding of general benefits related regulatory requirements and updates as well as internal policies, procedures and control standards.
- Work closely with the Benefits Team and Corporate Communications to update, monitor, troubleshoot, and update portal and site on benefits changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years of related Benefits experience
- Excellent written communication skills to be able to produce clear and concise documentation, reports and correspondence.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to be able to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical end-users.
- Skill in the use of SAP for the purpose of benefits administration.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of employee benefit administration.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, ERISA, and other laws impacting health and welfare benefit administration.
- Skill in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving software problems.
- Ability to analyze work in progress to correct errors and redirect efforts.
- Ability to develop and run reports.
- Ability to effectively consider all aspects of the user experience and user interface.
- Ability to read and interpret technical, job-related documents, including law, regulations and instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
TOP OF PAGE
Light & Wonder
Las Vegas (Hybrid), Nevada
Senior Benefits Analyst
The Senior Benefits Analyst provides technical and organizational support to the Director, Benefits primarily over data integrity and compliance. As a member of the Benefits Department, the Senior Analyst will work closely with the other members of the HR team to coordinate, initiate and complete a wide-variety of dynamic U.S. and global benefits tasks, including with respect to medical, dental, vision, life, disability and other ancillary plans. The Benefits Analyst will compile, analyze, and report data including employee, plan financials for strategic benefits planning and evaluation. Additionally, the Senior Benefits Analyst provides benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS representatives, HRBPs, and managers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with HRIT & Workday consultants to ensure the integrity of all benefit integrations, including implementation, payroll, and carrier files
- Oversee the required reporting & benefits compliance obligations in collaboration with our benefits consultant (i.e. 5500, non-discrimination testing, COBRA, ACA, etc.)
- Collaborate with our Global HRBPs and international benefits consultant to ensure the competitiveness and effectiveness of our non-US benefit offerings
- Analyze & resolve employees’ issues surrounding our medical/dental/vision plans, savings & spending accounts, voluntary benefits, and COBRA
- Assist with aspects of leave of absences, short-term and long-term disability as a point of contact for LOA/benefit-related questions; work directly with managers, employees, and carriers to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and engage in an interactive process with employees
- Provide operational and administrative support for special projects as needed, such as open enrollment, benefit events, wellness programs, and 5500 filings
- Create and ensure accuracy of monthly self-billing reports for all health, basic life, basic AD&D, voluntary Life, AD&D, disability, FMLA, and accident and critical Illness coverage. Review, track and process all other monthly benefits invoices.
- Coordinate with external vendors regarding COBRA and qualifying event administration
- Understand and implement health reform reporting requirements and ACA responsibilities
- Serve as liaison with various benefit plan carriers/vendors, fostering effective relationships with external benefits consultant, insurers, third-party administrators and others
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree. CEBS or other benefits certification a plus. Previous benefits experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
Minimum of 3 years of U.S. self-insured benefit experience. Minimum of 2 years of global benefits experience
Workday experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical critical thinking and financial analytical skills with and ability to synthesize & present complex information effectively, and an ability to plan, forecast, and exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated project management skills and a successful track record for bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Strong attention to detail and passion for high-quality work product
- Technical acumen specifically advanced Microsoft Office skills – specifically MS Excel.
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Light & Wonder and its affiliates (collectively, “L&W”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain L&W employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure L&W complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, L&W requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with L&W (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to L&W conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Light & Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
TOP OF PAGE
Various - Can be located in any Milliman office
This position is responsible for the management and day-to-day administration of Milliman's health & welfare and retirement plans, leave of absence and paid time off program, and other benefits. The position ensures compliance with government regulations, recommends program changes to ensure a competitive market position, while effectively interacting with internal and external clients and peers. The position works closely with the Director of Rewards, Operations and Systems to facilitate strategic activities and projects. Provides internal advice, consulting services, and facilitates education and training to employees and practice administrators about benefits.
- Responsible for day-to-day benefit plan administration including managing vendor relationships, resolving escalated benefit and leave issues, regularly interfacing with vendors via email and telephone, review and payment of benefit invoices, and HRIS activities.
- Leadership and management of benefits and leaves team (benefits analysts and benefit specialist), including coaching, training/development, and timely feedback. Serve as a knowledgeable, proactive, and responsive resource to managers and employees.
- Develop and maintain benefit related communications and materials for the purpose of educating and informing employees.
- Partner with external vendors, attorneys and internal resources to develop and maintain required documentation such as Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, notices, benefit process documentation, and historical plan records.
- Partner with HR Director and committees to evaluate and recommend changes to benefit plans and vendors as needed to ensure benefit programs remain competitive.
- Manage and partner with vendor/broker in RFP processes.
- Monitor and react to legislation to ensure compliance. Ensure governmental notices and filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Oversee and partner with benefits TPA and benefits team to manage ACA requirements.
Partner with broker and retirement plan record keeper to ensure the qualified status of IRS-qualified plans and the legal operation of other plans. Provide input to and review 5500 filings for accuracy.
- Manage timelines/project plans for all benefits related activities (annual open enrollment, benefit plan audits, 5500 preparation, fund changes, compliance testing, etc.); engaging vendors, brokers and benefits specialists as required.
- Leads benefit renewal process and oversee the open enrollment season for the health and welfare plans.
- Partner with Payroll and HRIS Manager to ensure the HRIS meets benefits administration requirements; monitor data integrity. Actively participate in any HRIS vendor review, RFP, and conversion or upgrades.
- Partner with Leave of Absence Benefit Administrator to develop and maintain company-wide leave process, documents, and tracking to ensure legal compliance. Provide guidance as needed.
- Effectively utilize available reporting tools and create reporting tools to interface with vendors, provide meaningful reports to management and support the necessary documentation and activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree In Human Resources Or related discipline.
- The ideal candidate must have minimum 7 years of experience administering health and welfare programs and 401(k) retirement plans including end-to-end annual cycle processes required. Experience must include administering plans for mid-size employers. (2,000 - 5,000 benefit eligible employees)
- Intermediate knowledge of leave administration and worker's compensation administration and legal compliance surrounding both.
- The ideal candidate must have minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team
- The ideal candidate must have advanced proficiency with Excel. Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, HRIS report-writing (Cognos preferred), and systems interface experience.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage large amounts of data and detail while communicating in a concise, efficient, helpful and timely manner.
- Must have the ability to exhibit a high attention to detail, strong analytic skills and numeric sense.
- Must have the ability to exercise wide latitude in judgment and apply effective decision-making techniques that align with company culture, goals and objectives.
- Must also play an active role in helping to define long-term objectives.
- Must have the ability to interact positively and productively (through written and verbal communications) across all levels of the organization, within the Human Resources department and with key external contacts.
- Must have the ability to utilize excellent written and verbal presentation skills when interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing projects as previously defined without being prompted.
- Must have high level of confidentiality and discretion.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Active CEBS certification
- Experience with UltiPro
- Experience with Alight
- Experience with Broadspire
Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world’s most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
MILLIMAN BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program.
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks.
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance.
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long term disability coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation, and applicable medical needs.
TOP OF PAGE
Manager of Benefits Design, Group Benefits - Lakeland
The Manager of Benefits Design manages and supports innovation and development efforts related to Publix’s health, welfare, voluntary benefits and wellness plans and programs across the company. This position is responsible for research, development and/or implementation of strategic benefits-critical initiatives that support and promote the benefits vision; being passionately focused on helping our associates live happier, healthier and more successful lives; being committed to doing what’s right and building a culture where our associates feel personally valued as individuals and proud to own our company; and offering our associates an engaging and personalized employment experience with meaningful benefits.
Additional responsibilities include:
• participating on and/or leading strategic or benefits-critical teams that are innovative and new to Publix or the benefits industry
• compiling and analyzing information to identify current and emerging health trends, risks, quality of life issues and personal effectiveness opportunities for Publix associates and their family members
• managing relationships with third party vendors for new benefits plans and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience
• at least five (5) years of progressive responsibility in the benefits field with at least two (2) years managing others
• knowledge of leading employee benefits plans, programs and strategies, and of the general status of the employee benefits field
• strong change management skills
• ability to build consensus and buy-in with senior leadership
• knowledge of various laws and regulations which may affect the administration of the benefit plans, including ERISA, PPACA, MHPAEA, COBRA, WHCRA, NMHPA, QMCSO, IRC Section 125, IRC Section 79, HIPAA, FMLA, ADEA, ADA, USERRA, MSP, EEO and PDA.
• knowledge of the administration of health and welfare plans at a large employer
• knowledge of financial principles
• knowledge of project management and Continuous Quality Improvement principles
• strong analytical abilities (this includes the ability to evaluate complex ideas and solutions)
• knowledge of vendor procurement principles, including (but not limited to) RFPs, price, service/performance fee/contract negotiation
• ability to interpret and apply legal documents, plan documents, regulations and government legislation
• strong communication skills; both verbal and written
• ability to demonstrate a high level of maturity and tact
• ability and skill to handle conflict to effectively interact with associates, family members, medical providers, attorneys and others
• intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams and Access
• basic knowledge of data warehouse analytics capabilities
• willingness to be flexible
• willingness to occasionally travel overnight as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration
• five (5) or more years of progressive responsibility working with self-insured health plans and welfare and voluntary benefit plans administration and design for a company similar in size to Publix or the retail industry, with five (5) years managing others
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification or Group Benefits Associate (GBA)
• knowledge of the administration of welfare and voluntary benefit plans and self-insured health plans and the procedures of Group Benefits and H&W Technical Administration
• knowledge of the operational processes and requirements of other business areas within Publix, such as Human Resources, Payroll and Risk Management
• advanced knowledge of Mainframe systems, QMF query writing capabilities (SQL), SAP HR (including AdHoc query writing), Publix’s host system and PASSport
• advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams and Access
• intermediate knowledge of systems used by key third Party Vendors, including Blue Cross Blue Shield and OptumRx
• intermediate knowledge of data warehouse analytics capabilities
Minimum Base Pay: 6,835/month
Maximum Base Pay: 10,265/month
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus: 88,855 - 133,445
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Apply at Publix Jobs
TOP OF PAGE
Ropes & Gray LLP
New York or Boston
Human Resources/ Benefits Coordinator
The Benefits Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for inquires from lawyers and support team members and will be responsible for a broad range of administrative functions supporting the benefits and well-being team. These functions include, but are not limited to, administration of employee benefits programs, oversight of benefits enrollment, invoicing, and managing benefits general deductions. The Benefits Coordinator will be a benefits subject matter expert and will work with lawyers and support team members to resolve questions, issues, and provide information and education.
- Manage Benefits inbox and phone line, providing optimal experience for firm members
- Create self-billing invoices and monitor incoming vendor invoices
- Manage general deduction process
- Resolve issues in partnership with applicable benefits vendors and internal resources
- Participate in annual open enrollment, providing information, education, and enrollment support
- Perform benefits new hire orientation
- Provide auditing and reporting support
- Participate in broader Benefits and Well-Being and Human Resources projects as applicable
Education, Experience and Skills
- 2 years benefits experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to present virtually or in-person to small groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Experience using human resources information systems (PeopleSoft preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude, good attention to detail, critical evaluation skills and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Organized team player, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional, flexible and able to work independently or under the direction of managers.
- Able to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful and courteous manner.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality while working to resolve sensitive member issues.
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today’s 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clients—which include many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions—ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here for Boston
Apply Here for New York
TOP OF PAGE
Are you an experienced benefits professional who has a passion for ensuring benefit compliance requirements are met and stakeholders are educated about the plans and programs available? This is a great leadership opportunity for someone seeking to lead a small team, partner with key stakeholders and make an impact!
This role is responsible for partnering with our benefits administration teams and other key stakeholders to ensure our U.S. and Canadian benefit plan offerings are compliant with federal, state/provincial, and local regulatory requirements and Weyerhaeuser policies. This position is also accountable for ensuring required compliance communications are distributed timely and accurately, as well as leading the production of content creation for benefit plan changes and general benefit plan education.
This position reports to the Vice President of Compensation, Benefits, & Shared Services. The preferred location for this position is Seattle, WA but this role is open to remote work-from-home accommodations for the right candidate, provided you are currently based (or are planning to move to) one of the following states Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington. This role is not open to those who live in other states or countries.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with benefit administration teams, legal, finance, tax, internal and external auditors, and other key partners to ensure benefit plans and programs are compliant with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- In partnership with benefits leaders, make recommendations for plan design, integration/implementation, funding options, and identify opportunities to improve plan performance and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Provide insight and guidance to benefits leadership, governance committees, and senior leaders on compliance considerations and risks of plan changes.
- Accountable for accurate and timely government reporting and meeting compliance requirements for U.S. and Canadian benefit plans (defined contribution, defined benefit and health & welfare plans). Annual filings include multiple Form 5500s, PBGC forms, Master Trust filings, Summary Annual Reports, SMMs, Affordable Care Act reporting, and numerous Canadian filings.
- Maintain complex legal plan documents. Research and coordinate changes to plan provisions.
- Accountable for ensuring required compliance communications are distributed timely and accurately and
- Leading the team responsible for creating and distributing all benefits related communications to employees, retirees, HR professionals and company leaders.
- Responsible for the successful completion of required audits for all qualified benefit plans, working closely with compliance analyst, internal and external audit teams.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of non-discrimination testing for Section 125 Cafeteria Plans and defined contribution plans and confirm accuracy of results.
- Lead activities for and participate on Joint Pension Boards as a Trustee.
- Managing team budget and payment of plan expenses from various sources.
- May manage or support department tasks associated with company-wide projects or initiatives
- Responsible for leading a team, including activities such as setting goals, planning work, supervising work, evaluating job performance, and conducting salary reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, HR, or related field.
- 10+ years of combined experience in benefit plan compliance, governance, and plan and policy development.
- 8+ years of proven leadership experience.
- Deep knowledge of benefit plan regulations (i.e., ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Proven history of collaborating effectively with people across a large, complex organization.
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with complex and high-impact projects and programs.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships.
- Deep knowledge of employee benefit plan design, along with the associated complexities of plan administration, associated payroll processes, regulatory requirements, and benefits program taxability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization and influence business leaders.
- Experience with HRMS/HCM systems
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
TOP OF PAGE